Wednesday, July 15, 2009

W HOTEL- WASHINGTON DC OPEN

I went over at lunch yesterday and meandered around the new W. Let me tell you! It is gorgeous! I can't wait to go back one evening and sit up on the roof deck with friends. Here are some of the photo's I took.
Here is the side entrance, which is where we went in. On the right is the main seating area in the lobby. It is very dramatic with the all white walls and rich black, white and red hues in the furniture.
Here is a close up on one of the seating areas. I love the use of animal print and pin stripe throughout the hotel. It is very masculine, but fun. And on the right is this cute little chess set with gargoyle heads. So fun!
This is the check in/reception area. These pods are gorgeous, I bet they are even nicer at night. And on the right, directly above the check in, at the highest point of the ceiling is this dangling gold sculptural ceiling piece. Its beautiful, even though I heard it was VE'd (a LOT).
This is inside the restaurant, J&G, on the lobby level. It has very very high ceilings, that has a gorgeous graphic mural applied to it. For only being open a week, the restaurant was very full. I liked that they didn't have standard banquette seating, but rather over sized booths, that resemble more of a furniture piece than true restaurant seating.
Here is a peak into Bliss Spa.
And the rooftop. Although this is probably the least exciting design wise, other than the metal screens, there isn't a whole lot going on up there, this is where everyone wants to be. The wait for lunch was 3 hours when I was there, but I snuck up just to catch a peak. The views cannot be beat, and the menu looks awesome. I will definitely be coming back here soon!
The rooftop indoor bar and restaurant, POV, doesn't open till 5 pm, so I couldn't get in to see, but it looks awesome. The low lit bar, with low loungy zebra seats, are so cool. The bar is very dark, and intriguing. I can't wait to come back and check it out.
That's all for now. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Contact me

   
   
 


 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
   
   
Form View Counter

FormSpring Online FormsFormSpring Online Forms